Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Difficult Conversation

The scene takes place at a very popular McDonald's restaurant. The manager at this McDonald's, Steve, needs to confront his employee Jimmy and give him some bad news.
STEVE: Jimmy, can you come into my office so we can talk for a minute?
JIMMY: Whatever you want, boss.
STEVE: Jimmy, we need to talk about the way you've been acting towards the customers recently.
JIMMY: Do you mean how I've been getting them their orders and how I need a promotion?
STEVE: No, Jimmy. I mean how you've been charging them more than their order so you can pocket some extra cash.
JIMMY: It's called a tip. It's common courtesy on their part.
STEVE: It's not a tip when they don't know about it. You've also been eating on the job and not taking orders right away.
JIMMY: Maybe if I got more than an hour lunch break than I wouldn't be hungry on the job.
STEVE: Listen, Jimmy, you can't be doing all this anymore.
JIMMY: I'm just doing what I need to do. When you're hungry, you're hungry. When you need some more money, you need some more money.
STEVE: We got to let you go, Jimmy. This has gone on for to long and there is no end in sight.
JIMMY: Fine. I'll just go to the Burger King across the street to get a job. It's not like McDonald's and Burger King talk to each other anyways. Later!

4 comments:

  1. I like the end with the Burger King haha it was a nice touch. the only thing that bugs me a little is the fact that Steve is so nice, i just wish he was a little more angry at Jimmy, you know? but overall creative and funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was actually really funny and creative. I enjoyed how Jimmy was expecting a promotion, and ended up getting fired, nice plot twist. I did not quite enjoy how Jimmy back-talked, but then again that is how the scene would most likely go in real life. I would enjoy it if you made a sequel of Jimmy at Burger King.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you wrote about Jimmy, too! great minds think alike, man! One thing that I didn't like was the part about Burger King talking to Mcdonalds because that confused me. Possibly change that part up a bit to make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the manager/employee dynamic. While Jimmy's stance on defying authority can be understood, his reasons for doing so are not. I wished he had better reasons for not doing his job correctly, but for a simple conversation this serves the point well.

    ReplyDelete